Remember how I spilled the beans about an amazing road trip I’ve got in the works for August of this year? Welp, I’m already
dreaming planning away all the fun details. I LOVE DETAILS. And with how much awesomeness we are going to cram into 12 days, my plan game has to be on point. I figured I would stop in to share my inspiration here and there, and then after the trip- I can share all the deets on how it actually went down.
One thing I’m trying to figure out for sure are my fashion essentials. There are a few things I really want for the summer that I don’t have, and I want to pick things up gradually rather than waiting until August and splurging on a ton of things right before the trip. Here are the road trip fashion staples I don’t want to leave home without!
1. Fun Print Bikini – I’m in need of some new swimsuits! I’m on the hunt for a fun one with fringe or ruffles in a bright colored print. I adore this one from H&M. Adorable!
2. Graphic T – I adore graphic Ts these days, and this one from J.Crew is no exception. Definitely a casual summer staple- perfect for a road trip!
3. Maxi Dress – I love maxi dresses and skirts. They are like dressy sweatpants, which basically means they were made for road trips. This navy and white striped maxi dress from H&M is so casual yet fun, and I love the slit. I’m hoping I can find one like it!
4. Sun Hat – Sun hats are a summer must. I can’t believe I ever used to lounge poolside without one. This one from H&M is so cute and only $14.95!
5. Head Wrap – Okay, this one is a two-for, because not only are head wraps adorable and a staple for this summer, but pineapple print anything is also a staple in my book. I’m definitely going to have to order this one from Forever 21- it’s only $3.90!
6. Wedges – Wedges make my staple list because they are dressy and comfortable. These lace wedges from Sole Society are perfect. I may just have to order these too.
7. Tank Top – Tank tops are a given, but I’m really loving the crochet trend. This tank from H&M has a pretty floral print as well as a pretty trim that makes it different and girly.
8. Midi Skirt – Hooray for midi skirts! I love the length, and this one from H&M is so pretty. I can see it dressed up with a nice top or dressed down with a graphic T.
9. Fun Print Top – I’m on the hunt for a really fun bright print top. I’m thinking pineapple, flamingo, or donut would all be super fun prints. This lemon shirt is from sheinside.com which has a TON of really affordable cute tops! I’ve never ordered from them, but I might try them out if I can’t find anything at the stores here.
10. White Shorts – I love white shorts! They are perfect for summer. I love that they are on the dressier side. I’ve had a pair from American Eagle I’ve worn for years now, and I think it’s time to invest in a new pair.
What are your summer staples? XO